Resources for Prospective Parents
GOALL, Go Out and Learn Life, is the youth advisory board for the Department of Social Services. The youth on the board are in Foster Care. Below are resources developed by GOALL.
- Alternative Family Cognitive Behavior Therapy (AF-CBT), Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Parenting Children with Challenging Behaviors, Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Trauma Resources for Caregivers and Families, Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Project Best Roster of Therapists Trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Birth Parents with Trauma Histories
- The Adolescent Brain: New Research and Its Implications for Young People Transitioning From Foster Care, (2011, Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative)
- Family Guide to Systems of Care for Children with Mental Health Needs, (2005 SAMSHA)
Call Beth Mullins at 803-898-4107.